Sunday, June 15, 2003

Help, the day was killing me!

Yesterday was the longest, most boring day I've ever been through in Keele. It felt like the day was never over. Maybe that's because I woke up much too early than I usually did. I tried my best to fill up my day from 6.30 in the morning to 6 in the next morning.

Keele will be so damn quite and boring for the rest of the summer, which is until this September. That's because the academic activities for summer semester was over and all the undergrad students were kicked out from their rooms this Saturday. Meaning, there are only postgrads staying in Keele, struggling for their dissertation.

So, the journey of boring-days-staying-in-Keele-during-summer has just begun from yesterday. That day, I started to fill up my time by watching dvd in Jerusa's room. It was an Iranian movie about women's life, 'The Day I Become A Woman'. Quite interesting, but also rather boring. Maybe because we need to interpret the message implied in the story, and I wasn't in the mood to do so.

After the movie, I was just lazing around in my room watching telly when suddenly the phone rang. "Hey Shinta, what's up?" That was Erik asking what I was up to and whether the girls had something to do tonight. Apparently, he was also bored to death so he called. So I told him that we might watch movie tonight and asked if he's up for it. Got no other thing to do, he seemed interested in that plan and would come over after doing some 'business', i.e. collecting some leftovers from the undergrads' halls.

Getting sick of staring at the telly without watching it, I moved to the kitchen. Dunya, Bona, Costas, Taketo, and Raman were there, talking rubbish about everything and complaining about this long boring day. The thing is, there was nothing we could do outside. The campus was so dead, and so was the town.

Then, just for the sake of inhaling fresh oxygen outside, Bona, Dunya and I joined Raman who drove to Hawthorns to pick Ida up. While waiting for Ida outside, Bona and I saw Erik and his friends and joined them. Seemed like their doing some interesting stuff, entering every single undergrad's hall, which was empty, went to the kitchen and picked up some good stuffs, or even, foods that have been left irresponsibly by those spoilt-brat undergrads. It was so amazing to see how many things we can collect there, lots of canned foods, crates of beer, eggs, chicken, meets, and many more!

After a while, Bona and I were back to Ida's place and drove back home. There we were again, sitting in the kitchen and waiting for Erik to come and see the movie. Within half an hour he came, and we're ready to watch. First, we were watching a mexican movie, but after the first 5 minutes we found that the movie was quite cheesy and then decided to watch another one. So we watched Pulp Fiction, although all of us have seen that movie before.

It finished around 3 in the morning. Erik was ready to go back and we accompanied him to the door when we saw this beautiful scene, a very big bright orange moon with its perfect circle. It was so amazingly pretty with its color, and it looked very close. So nice!

After that, we're back to to kitchen, again! Ida, Raman and I had some more chat for one hour, then we're ready to sleep. In my room, I still had to do something to make me sleepy; checking emails, browsing, and chatting. Finally I felt sleepy around 6 in the morning. It's time to sleep then... ftd!