Thursday, April 3, 2003

Essay Extension

"Hey, are you alrite? How many words do you have now?" That's Tiago on the phone asking about the progress of my essay. Feeling so frustrated that I wouldn't finish the essay, I just could say, "damn, man, I don't think I can make it. It's 7 o'clock now and I only have these bloody 2000 words out of 5000! And it's just 5 hours more before the deadline. How's yours?"

"Fuck all! I only have less than 1500. I don't understand how can they make such a stupid question for 5000 words while it needs only 1000 words to answer it all. I have all the books from the reading list for the essay, but there's nothing good in there. Bollocks to that! I couldn't write more, fucking hell! Wank!" All the cursing words just bursted out of his mouth.

"Oi, young man, please... mind my virgin ears, dear!"

"Yeah, right! Since when the devil has virgin ears?"

"Haha, you bastard! Anyways, what are you gonna do now? I am sure I won't be able to submit it today. Now I am trying to find an excuse for an extension. What's your excuse?"

"Dunno!"

There was silence for a few minutes. We're still on the phone, but nobody's saying a word, just busy with our own mind. I lit a fag and, "so, are you still trying to read on something or typing some more? Coz I can't, my mind is blocked just now, can't be asked to think any longer, even just to find any excuses."

"Haha, I know your mind never works anyway."

"Hey, how rude is that, you evil munky!! But it's alrite, I'll let you free this time... Uuugghh, I need some excuses to tell Vogler for extension. What will you say to him?"

"Dunno! I can't say my laptop is crash, because Ida already used that for her excuse. And Raine just called Vogler saying that she's so depressed and asked for extension. Maybe I am just gonna tell him that the question sucks, and I can't be asked for more... haha, how's that?"

I can't help by smiling when I heard his lame reason, "not only you are rude, but also hopeless if you give that excuse. But it's worth a try, though. I dare you! Anyways, I am gonna ask Ida or Raine if they have some ideas. Talk to you later, munky!"

***

Later on, I called Ida and Raine. They gave me some alternatives for excuses, all complicated lies. "Call him and say that you are still in London because you have to make report for the Indonesian Exhibition last week," that's Ida's brilliant idea. "Tell Vogler that you did your essay in your friend's place and you left your floppy disk there. Or, simply say that you are sick," another excuse offered by Raine.

Hmmm... I hate it when I am trapped in this kind of situation. Basically, it's all my fault to procrastinate the work, do it in a very last minute. But usually it works, never have such problem before. Now I just didn't feel like to give those complicated excuses for extension. I decided to come to his office and told him my real problem, that somehow some way I couldn't finish the essay, that I was lost with the question. That's just another way of saying that the question was crap!!! but then again, que sera sera, whatever will be will be.

So, I changed my clothes and got ready, when suddenly the phone rang, "So, how is it?" It's Tiago again. "I am just gonna tell Vogler the truth, that I have problem with the essay. Hope that he'll understand and give me an extension. I am changing now and about to go to his office. What about you?" I told him my final decision, and his answer was just, "yep, same here. Alrite then, we'll go there together. I'll meet you in the bus-stop.Ciao!"

***

All's well ends well! Maybe that's the expression I could use, although it's not 'politically' correct, hehe. I was glad that I decided to tell Vogler my real problem. He gave me some inputs for the essay, and even lent me a book. So, I got some inputs, book, and extension till Friday! Pheeewhh!!! Tiago also got extension, Ida and Raine as well.

Today is Wednesday, it means that we have one extra day to laze around, haha! Lazy-bum procrastinators, we really never learn from experience :) ftd!!!